Google

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

A New Spin on Prayer Requests



“…You do not have because you do not ask God. James 4:2

Update: Within one week, one very clear blessing was given.  Within two weeks, two other prayers were clearly answered.  This prayer board isn't going anywhere....

 

                My husband and I heard God calling and answered Him.  He wanted us to lead a couple’s prayer group in our home.  So last night, two couples joined us in our living room to discuss our spiritual backgrounds, our goals for the group, and some nitty-gritty passages from the Bible. 
                I am pleased to say that, although a small gathering, God brought the people He wanted to hear His message to our home last night.  I am looking forward to growing together, with one another, and hopefully, I can be a vessel he is calling my husband and I to be.
                One of my husband’s strengths as a leader is his ability to concoct some pretty out-of-the-box ideas.  When one of these ideas comes to fruition, the results are always beautiful.  Last night, at our first small group meeting, he introduced a new spin to the typical prayer request format.  When we were wrapping up our evening, my walked into another room and returned with a dry erase board.  He announced that instead of going in a circle, stating our prayer requests, he wanted us to each think of one thing we have been praying for.  He encouraged us to consider a prayer that is easily measurable, so that we can easily see the prayers answered.  The idea is to erase the request once it is answered, even if the answer isn’t what we had desired, and write a new one.  As each of us took our turn writing our prayer request on the board, we were able to explain it further, which allowed us to understand one another and connect to each person’s request. 
                When the board was finished, I took a picture with my phone and texted the picture to each person in the group, so we can remember to pray for each request as possible.  My husband and I even changed the wallpaper on our phone to the picture of the prayer board, so we will remember to pray for everyone in our group as often as possible. 
                I cannot remember where I heard this or who said it, but recently I heard of a man who stated that he never prays longer than five minutes, but he never goes five minutes without praying.  I hope to at least pray fervently for each person’s request each time I pick up my phone. 

Prayer Board...Requests are blurred to protect our privacy

I was blessed to share my testimony in www.lifebyheart.com.  Reserve your copy today!

No comments:

Some of my personal favorites! Check them out!